Saturday, August 13, 2011

Why is my realtor so mad at me for not using his finance guy?

I am a little upset with my realtor. When we first began looking at homes he called in his "buddy" that was a finance guy. I thought he was doing it for his peace of mind before he invested any time to see if we were pre-qualified. He told what price range we could look for homes and said to come see him when he was ready and quoted us 5.5% interest. So we found a home and signed a contract and my realtor said ok lets call my guy and get the paperwork started because we were on a time crunch. We told him we weren't sure if we were going to use him because he quoted us 5.5% and we knew the interest rates were below that. We called his guy and he REFUSED to give us a quote. He told us to go shop around and come back to him and he would beat any deal. He also told us that he took the time off to meet with us and that we OWE it to him to give him last dibbs on fininancing our home. This really pissed me off because I never called him, my realtor did and I don't want to shop around. If he would have told me 4.99% I wouldn't have thought twice, it's just that I knew that the rates were under 5%. This is our first time buying and are new to this and everything was fine until we signed our contract. I refused to do business with his banker and ended up going with the very first company I contacted who quoted us 4.5% and my closing costs were a grand less with this company. We had to meet the inspector and were in the house with my realtor for 3 hours and he wouldn't speak to me. He is being a big baby. I wish I could fire him. Why is he so upset? Was he going to get a kickback for using his realtor? Why does he care so much? I havn't heard from him in two weeks. I close in two more weeks. I am so angry with this man. He does not have our best interest in mind.He actually had the NERVE to tell us, I'm going to need a check for another $75. because YOUR finance guy charges more for the title policy. He said it like they were screwing me (really? let's see, $75 more for a title policy or 1% interest over 30 years)

No comments:

Post a Comment