Saturday, August 13, 2011

Trying to get out of lease but cannot sublet or ign...help?

We have been offered a house for less then what we pay now in rent. Would landlord understand this? We are struggling with the rent on this place. My fiance was originally put on the lease when we first moved in, we added myself to it in March and our landlord told us that our lease changed. But on the new lease it still says August 30th, 2007 for commencement. Could this be a loop hole? We didn't sign anything saying that the lease changed. The only thing we have is showing that we signed the lease in March but that we signed it with the August 30th commencement on it. I have not talked to my landlord yet because I want to go in there confident that we can get out of this. I have been thinking of getting a free consultation with a lawyer about the lease. If it is up in August then we would be fine, I think. But according to our landlord, our lease changed but it doesn't state that in our lease anywhere. Anyone rented from GLD Management and gotten out of the lease early?

No comments:

Post a Comment